Thursday, January 23, 2014

She said “Why don’t you just write about it!”

Though I’m only writing about this for the first time this is something that has become much more common-place, in fact to the point that I was even confused on what my value to the company was.  I’m not talking about what I can intelligently provide, but as a person. 

Many days\nights I would feel a mental haze as I stared at a computer screen, often wondering ‘why am I sitting here?  Is it just to keep the seat warm or to validate someone else’s promotions because they can claim “I have people, dammit!”.  One day after yet another small rant of letting out steam to my wife, she said “why don’t you just write about it”.  As I stared at my screen through the brain haze I thought well, why not.  After all, I know I can do so much more than my current profession of chair-sitting.  So here goes with some trepidation.  In the very least I feel like some of that devil pixy dust is being swatted away.  Heck, I may even feel inspired to start using my intelligent brain again for betterment of my job AND my life.

This is going to be a collection of experiences and hopefully enlightenment on my own career path, over time anyways.  The Best case scenario would be that after delving into these situations there will be a theoretical lesson, one on binding together and improving how companies filled with digital immigrant executives and managers should be building companies with digital natives.  I can see it now in my futuresque world… A company actually refining , respecting, and working toward a more binding and productively committed workforce.  A sort of practice what you preach method.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment